The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Improved DEF fill door (Read 4029 times) previous topic - next topic

Improved DEF fill door

Saw my first 2018 Anthem and noticed that the DEF door on the drivers side was improved.

In the previous years models this was a plastic door with a lock.  But on the 2018, its a solid metal door, and thick as well.  I don't know if there were some thefts of DEF that prompted the change, or simply a way to make the door quality match the coach quality, or if it was changed during the 2017 model year.  But what I do know is the new door is 8)

See the pics

Re: Improved DEF fill door

Reply #1
Can't say I'm impressed by the paint job on the door.  Almost looks brushed on.  Perhaps just the angle or lighting on the photo.

Reply #2
LOL ... it does look like its brushed on!

I bet since its a metal door, the casting is rough enough to show through the paint.  Looks like Entegra may need to add a little filler putty and a sanding step to the new door.

Reply #3
I noticed the DS door is keyed.  My PS door isn't.  Did they start keying the PS door?  If not, why key one side and not the other?

Reply #4
Only the DS DEF door has the lock. 

I think since the "door in a door" DEF is a normal bay latch, its pretty substantial and holds closed very well. 

The secondary DEF fill is only attached with cabinet hinges, they don't hold the door closed on their own very well.  Even a standard automobile fuel fill cover holds much better.  They could have used a thumb latch instead of a key, but it already sticks out far enough from the side of the coach, I think a thumb latch would be asking to snag on things.

Reply #5
Another key.  It's not like we don't have enough.  Hopefully it's the same as the bay door key.

Reply #6
Another key.  It's not like we don't have enough.  Hopefully it's the same as the bay door key.
Don't hold your breath  O:)  If the lock ends up serving no real purpose then a flip up / pop out wing latch may be the ticket, or just remove the lock tumblers and then its a universal key lock.