The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Various Owners Manuals (Read 13993 times) previous topic - next topic

Various Owners Manuals

There are a lot of owners manuals for the various coach components available on the web, but it can be difficult to find the right one or to figure out who made what system, or simple going to all of those sites.

As a start, a new Owners Manuals folder has been added under the Media Section  This is broken down by coach system with the various manuals placed in each folder.

Know of some manuals that are missing, point it out so it can be added.  Have some that are missing, well  or you can add files to that section yourself as well, group effort is always welcome :D

Re: Various Owners Manuals

Reply #1
We just bought a 2018 Aspire.  Can't seem to find a manual for the Rand McNally GPS unit in our coach package of manuals and I don't see one on this forum.  Sure would like to find the manual in order to use the unit to it's fullest.

Reply #2
Here you go ...
Rand McNally GPS 7730lm
Rand McNally GPS 7730lm
Also be sure to download the latest software online and then install to the SD card.  Some folks love and some hate the units directions, but generally keeping the software (which has the road allowances) up to date is key to having a good experience.

Reply #3
Thank you for posting the GPS manual. 

I've gone through all the manuals that came with our coach.  Can't find manuals for the following items.

1. The Whirlpool Convection/Microwave. Tried searching on the Whirlpool site but it says it can't find our model.  Called customer service and they sent me the microwave detailed instructions but they couldn't find anything for the Convection side.

2 .  I have the Onan Energy Command 30 manual but I can't find anything else on the generator.  I was shown how to open the access panel to the generator but I don't see a place to check the oil.  I can see the coolant level and that's about it.  Is the service instructions for the generator buried somewhere in the Spartan Chassis DVD?

Also I have read through the Entegra manual and I find conflicting information particularly in regard to leveling the coach after extending the slides or level the coach then extend the slides.  For the most part I find the Entegra manual very vague.  I flew airplanes for a living and I'm sure glad Entegra didn't write our manuals!

Thanks,

Reply #4
1. The Whirlpool Convection/Microwave. Tried searching on the Whirlpool site but it says it can't find our model.  Called customer service and they sent me the microwave detailed instructions but they couldn't find anything for the Convection side.
Whirlpool changes those numbers so often its no wonder you can't find it, plus they have numbers specific to stores and customers.  Anyway at one point the number was YWMH76719CS but for any of them just use the manual here:
Whirlpool Users Guide
Whirlpool Users Guide
its really basic though.
2 .  I have the Onan Energy Command 30 manual but I can't find anything else on the generator.  I was shown how to open the access panel to the generator but I don't see a place to check the oil.  I can see the coolant level and that's about it.  Is the service instructions for the generator buried somewhere in the Spartan Chassis DVD?
The Energy Command is the AGS system (Auto Generator Start), so its good you have that manual.  The Aspire will have the RV QD 10K Onan  (QD = Quiet Diesel)  The manual is the same one thats in the Media section here:
Cummins Onan RV Generator Set Operator Manual
Cummins Onan RV Generator Set Operator Manual
Also I have read through the Entegra manual and I find conflicting information particularly in regard to leveling the coach after extending the slides or level the coach then extend the slides.  For the most part I find the Entegra manual very vague.  I flew airplanes for a living and I'm sure glad Entegra didn't write our manuals!
That is a debated topic, but the official word from Entegra is to extend your slides and then level.  The reasoning is that you should only move your slides when the coach is sitting on your air bags, fully aired up as they can't twist your frame.  The hydraulic leveling jacks however can put a twist to the frame and then cause your slides to bind in the opening and even tear your seals.

Arrival
    • Pull into your site.....extend your slides.
    • Then put down your jacks.
    [/list]

Departure...
      • Start up the engine.
      • Set 'high idle'
      • Wait for the air bags to fully inflate....don't go by the air gauges...they read pressure in the tanks, not the air bags....go out and actually look at them...
      • While you're waiting for the bags to inflate, retract your jacks...you can do that with the engine running...
      • After both the bags are inflated and the jacks are retracted, you can retract your slides.
      [/list]

Agree on the so-so owners manual that comes with the coach, it really should be better written, illustrated, etc. 

Reply #5
      Thanks for you quick responses.  I will use the process of extend/level you've responded with.  We took delivery of our unit on 23 Sep and have been on the road & just now getting to reading the manuals and getting to know our new motor home & working out the bugs.  I am a retired pilot so I like to know how things work and unfortunately or maybe fortunately I'm a bit picky about things and obviously, vague manuals don't excite me.

A few observations of our short ownership.

1.  Couldn't get the bluetooth microphone to work after pairing my phone for hands free operation. After some time on the phone with Mike in CS, as he thought, the mic cord was not hooked up.  In searching for the correct wires under the dash & behind the NAV screen the areas are full of dirt, extra screws, saw dust, & just generally a mess.  This was the same in the water service area.  These Items increase fire risk not to mention the weight added to the coach.  Both are enemies to an airplane and just sloppy in my view.  Wish the construction crews would clean up a bit.

2.  Couldn't get heat to come out of the kitchen slide.  This time after  an hour or so on the phone with Jarred in CS troubleshooting we discovered a kinked line into the kitchen slide.  So to get that area to heat I have to stop the side about 6" from fully extending to keep the line for closing off due to the kink.  Will have to get to a repair facility or back to the factory for that fix.

3.  We have the Furrion FIH2ZEA-BG induction cooktop in our Aspire.  Manual for it is lacking as well.  The cooktop has two rings at each burner suggesting one can expand the cooking area as our electric cooktop at home does.  Manual doesn't mention that ability and after reading a review on Amazon we've discovered another Entegra owner with the same complaints.  Cook is not happy.

I'm confident we'll get the heating issue resolved but the dirt and mess will likely be here for a while.  Same for the manuals.  Entegra needs to rethink the Furrion induction cooktop.  It's severely lacking in a unit like this.  Do the Anthem and Cornerstone use the same unit and if not can a different unit be installed into our Aspire to keep the cook happy because right now she's not a happy camper?

I know the floor is heated but I've not seen in the manual exactly how.  Is it from the cargo area heat rising or do I have to turn something else on?

Also, we have the wifi extender option on our unit and I've seen no information on how to use it.  I don't know if I need to turn something on or is it just always on?  Haven't found a word about it in the manuals yet.  I could be overlooking it if so please point me in right direction. 

We have the Winegard TV antennae that I have to push in to rotate the antennae direction but we can't see any thing on that control to indicate what direction the antenna is actually pointing.  I've even had our eagle eyed F-18 pilot son look for something and none of us can find an indicator.

I'm hoping we don't have any more issues with our Aspire and we will continue learning its nuances.  I hate to sound negative because we really do like our new Aspire but better manuals with illustrations would be helpful.  I recognize that like airplanes, motor coaches will have some teething problems. 

Thanks in advance,

Reply #6
      My WiFi extender info was in a plastic bag. A sticker on the bag had printed on it the passwords needed. The included manual explained how to use it. Note, first time I had to shut off basement 110 breaker to reset the system.

Tv  antenna manual, a flyer with a picture of antenna on it , was in my bag. Ck you tube, videos there too.
      20 Anthem 44F
      19 Ram
      Cape Cod MA
      Bailey and BUSTAH our Boston Terriers

Reply #7
      Thanks.  No such manual in my bag of manuals for either device.  Glad you got them.

Reply #8
      I am not near my coach...but I think the main component is plugged in a receptacle located in the aqua hot compartment... call Cs, they may give the serial number and Winegard can give the codes.
      20 Anthem 44F
      19 Ram
      Cape Cod MA
      Bailey and BUSTAH our Boston Terriers

Reply #9
      Speaking about manuals, are there electronic copies of the basic manual for coach operation? My paper copy is stored on board, but it's at the RV storage location presently, would love to have an electronic version too. I have an '18 Aspire.
      2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ

Reply #10
      When leveling,, if you back in to the camp spot. Let the engine run about 5 minutes to sit up the tag axle air bags. When you back up it dumps the air. I have the same dirt inside the dash. Used a vacuum cleaner and now gun to move the dirt around.

Reply #11
      Have there been any 2020 Cornerstone manuals listed - I can't seem to find them if they are posted somewhere.