The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Entegra Collision Mitigation System (Read 4445 times) previous topic - next topic

Entegra Collision Mitigation System

I just found this forum and thought I would share a video I produced last year about Entegra's Collision Mitigation System. This technology, in my opinion, is a glimpse into the future possibilities of semi autonomous driving. Comments Welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOmELFvztA
1957 Flxible Starliner
2014 Marathon

Re: Entegra Collision Mitigation System

Reply #1
Very interesting technology.  Do you recall how much beeping occurred and if you could shut it off?  I'm thinking of one of those construction zones where you are bumper to bumper to 5 miles or so, I sure would not want to be audibly reminded I was following to close  O:) !

I wonder if anyone is working on lane assist technology for large vehicles like this, seems like that would be the next step towards an autonomous RV.

Re: Entegra Collision Mitigation System

Reply #2
Very interesting technology.  Do you recall how much beeping occurred and if you could shut it off?  I'm thinking of one of those construction zones where you are bumper to bumper to 5 miles or so, I sure would not want to be audibly reminded I was following to close  O:) !

I wonder if anyone is working on lane assist technology for large vehicles like this, seems like that would be the next step towards an autonomous RV.

Honestly, I don't remember if the beeping can be silenced, but I didn't notice it to be annoyance. My current bus has a similar technology and it has more visual than audible warnings. When an audible warning occurs, the bus is taking action. I believe that if you're in a bumper-to-bumper situation, you can simply turn the cruise control off...but that kind of defeats the purpose as it's ideal in slow speed as well as highway driving situations.

I've been asking questions to the manufacturers about if/when some sort of autonomous or lane keeping assistance are coming and the answers I'm receiving are fairly consistent. It appears it will be initially implemented in commercial (non passenger carrying) vehicles initially with the hope that it will trickle down to motorhomes. Yeah, some sort of pesky Government regulation thing!
1957 Flxible Starliner
2014 Marathon