The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: A Conversation With The President Of Spartan Motor's Specialty Vehicles Division (Read 4366 times) previous topic - next topic

A Conversation With The President Of Spartan Motor's Specialty Vehicles Division

In this video you'll meet Steve Guillaume, the President, Specialty Vehicles of Spartan Motors and we discuss a variety of topics that should be of interest to current and potential motorhome owners. Or course much of the conversation centers around motorhome technology, service and training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E4UJ9oAeMI

1957 Flxible Starliner
2014 Marathon

Re: A Conversation With The President Of Spartan Motor's Specialty Vehicles Division

Reply #1
This was a very informative video, thank you for taking the time to produce and share this.

I'd been looking for more information on how the active collision avoidance system worked, and I think I got all my answers watching this.  Both the on highway and around city information, cruise on/off information was very useful.

The additional information on how Spartans passive tag axle worked, especially in reverse, was great info, I did not realize that its lock mechanism, that engages above 45mph,  was also engaged in reverse and was strong enough to pull those "follow me" wheels straight so you don't have to pull forward to go backward.

Lastly thank you for asking the recall / quality questions, its great to hear questions like that being asked given the overall quality that is found in the RV industry these days. 

Going to go back and watch it again :D

Re: A Conversation With The President Of Spartan Motor's Specialty Vehicles Division

Reply #2
This was a very informative video, thank you for taking the time to produce and share this.

The additional information on how Spartans passive tag axle worked, especially in reverse, was great info, I did not realize that its lock mechanism, that engages above 45mph,  was also engaged in reverse and was strong enough to pull those "follow me" wheels straight so you don't have to pull forward to go backward.

Lastly thank you for asking the recall / quality questions, its great to hear questions like that being asked given the overall quality that is found in the RV industry these days. 

Thank You!

I read a number of posts where drivers were having issues with the steering axle in the incorrect position when parking and that's why I asked the question. Until that interview, I had no idea that Spartan used this type of locking system and it seems it solves that problem.

For the recalls and quality control issues, I can only hope prospective buyers take the time to ask this question at dealer level and when meeting manufacturer's reps at the various motorhome shows and events. Personally, camping in a dealer's parking lot awaiting service is not my idea of "recreation." Also, I found Greg Gerber's "Death Spiral" series quite eye-opening.

It appears that Entegra is leading the pack of Class A manufacturers in creating a pleasant user experience.
1957 Flxible Starliner
2014 Marathon