The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: 26M mattress on the murphy bed (Read 148 times) previous topic - next topic

26M mattress on the murphy bed

I am considering purchasing the 26M but am concerned about the comfort level of the mattress on the murphy bed. I would like input from anyone about the possibility of changing the mattress to something more comfortable should the mattress that comes with the unit does not work well for my wife or I.
I am thinking the thickness will have to remain the same but if not please advise me on that as well.

Thanks so much.

Re: 26M mattress on the murphy bed

Reply #1
Just purchased the 26M also. Concerned about same issue. Our first outing is in a few days, so I will let you know how it goes. Because of how it folds and what happens behind it, a foam topper does not work. It falls down, bunches up and prevents full closure. At this point it would appear that a replacement of some kind is the only answer, or hopefully could be comfortable enough.  As I said, will comment on it later next week .

Re: 26M mattress on the murphy bed

Reply #2
I am considering purchasing the 26M but am concerned about the comfort level of the mattress on the murphy bed. I would like input from anyone about the possibility of changing the mattress to something more comfortable should the mattress that comes with the unit does not work well for my wife or I.
I am thinking the thickness will have to remain the same but if not please advise me on that as well.

Thanks so much.
Just returned from 3 nights on the Murphy bed. It is very firm, but I did not find it too bad at all. Mattresses are so subjective depending on your likes. Too soft gives me a terrible backache, so this really was acceptable, but if you like soft, forget it. The current mattress is anchored by the fabric at the foot with three screws to keep it in place when folding up. If you were to replace it, you would have to figure out a way to hold the replacement one in place. Hope this helps.