The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Cable TV - How to switch feed to cable TV from antenna (Read 4405 times) previous topic - next topic

Cable TV - How to switch feed to cable TV from antenna

Hi all,

Newbie here. We've officially had our first RV (2021 Entegra Emblem 36H) for one week! Woohoo!

I'm trying to get cable TV to work. We've been watching TV via antenna, but there's no signal here in the mountains outside of Asheville, but they do have cable TV at the post.

I've confirmed that there is a good signal at the post, and I've connected it through coax to the input in the wet bay. Inside the coach, I've turned off the antenna power supply (found that by reading the manual :cool:).

Next, on the TV, the input source is set to TV. I click "Menu," select "Channels," and perform an "Auto Channel Search," and I switch it over to "Cable from the wall."

Nada! It completes the search and returns that no channels were found. Help!

Re: Cable TV - How to switch feed to cable TV from antenna

Reply #1
Go to source and select cable from wall. That should do it.

Reply #2
Still struggling with this one. I've verified that the cable itself is good. Feedback from a similar post on a different forum is that I'm doing the right things. I have the rig scheduled for a service appointment in a couple of weeks, and we'll see what they come up with. Cheers!

Reply #3
I'm having a similar problem getting any cable channels after performing the "Auto Channel Search."  When I got home from our most recent camping trip I decided to try to troubleshoot the problem by connecting a 50ft long coaxial cable from my home to the exterior compartment bay of my Entegra Odyssey 24B RV where the coaxial connection is located.  Again, no channels.  I then connected the 50ft cable directly to the back of the interior television and I had success in getting many channels.

I did an internet search and found a video by someone, actually a few individuals, who had the same problem.  They removed the plate from the wall and did some wiring tests with an instrument, that I plan to get (Klein Explorer 2 Coax Tester Kit), and found that the coaxial wiring behind the wall to the cover plate had numerous wiring errors.  I expect I have the same problem.  I'll see after I get my RV back from Ford Service who is dealing with a few recall items. 

Reply #4
I did an internet search and found a video by someone, actually a few individuals, who had the same problem.  They removed the plate from the wall and did some wiring tests with an instrument, that I plan to get (Klein Explorer 2 Coax Tester Kit), and found that the coaxial wiring behind the wall to the cover plate had numerous wiring errors.  I expect I have the same problem.  I'll see after I get my RV back from Ford Service who is dealing with a few recall items. 

Can you please provide an update on your situation, as well as link(s) to any videos or resources you used to fix your issue?  Thank you!

Reply #5
So did ya'll turn off the TV antenna amplifier when connecting to cable?  Need to turn the amplifier off when connecting cable in most cases.