The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: 2021 Entegra Emblem 36H - Black & Gray Tank Draining - which valve is which?? (Read 2288 times) previous topic - next topic

2021 Entegra Emblem 36H - Black & Gray Tank Draining - which valve is which??

Hi all,

We've had our new RV for one week now, and I'm not confident that I understand which lever is for draining the black tank and which is for the gray tank.

Here's our configuration:
1. Bay to the left of the wet bay has two levers:
a. Large lever for knife valve directly connected to 3 or 4" pipe
b. Smaller lever for knife valve on passenger side of coach - again, a 3 or 4" pipe

2. Wet bay has two levers:
a. Large lever for knife valve for 3 or 4" pipe to which we connect the flexible hose for dumping
b. Smaller lever for knife valve that I've traced under rear of coach

We've managed to drain both black and gray tanks during our first week of usage, but I really want to know exactly which lever does what. And the gauges inside the coach aren't a tremendous amount of help as I believe I've fully drained one or both tanks, and both are showing 33% full.

Bonus points: our display panel shows TWO gray tanks and one black tank. Do we really have two gray tanks, or is that just a manufacturer setup error? Specs on the coach call for:
Fresh water = 72 gals
Black water = 40 gals
Gray water = 40 gals

Re: 2021 Entegra Emblem 36H - Black & Gray Tank Draining - which valve is which??

Reply #1
Not sure which valve is which on the 2021. I have a 2019 Emblem and I do have two Grey tanks. One is dedicated to the washing machine and the other is for everything else. My black tank valve and my main gray tank valve are both in the bay left of the wet bay. The black valve is a little larger and is up at the top. The gray tank is smaller and is about half way down next to the bulkhead. My washing machine gray tank is in the wet bay toward the back.
Hope this helps.

Re: 2021 Entegra Emblem 36H - Black & Gray Tank Draining - which valve is which??

Reply #2
Thanks! That's exactly our configuration as well. Figured it out via a different online forum, and it's good to get the confirmation.

Reply #3
Have you noticed that on some sites when they ask you what model Entegra you have, there is no selection for EMBLEM? What do you select?