The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Hehr Awning windows get stuck closed (Read 4112 times) previous topic - next topic

Hehr Awning windows get stuck closed

Our awning windows often get stuck closed, usually after the coach has no been used for a bit, or at least that specific window has not been opened for a few weeks.

To get them open you really have to apply the "chicken grip" to the knob to get window to open, usually then you still have to push on the window as well as the mechanism does not seem to have enough  opening power to break the seal between the glass and the window frame.

Curious what others have done to help resolve this inconvenience?

Re: Awning windows get stuck closed

Reply #1
If you twist very hard the mechanism will break or twist out of shape, trust me  >:D

Open your windows all the way and then spray some silicone on a rag and wipe the rubber seals where they contact the window.  This will prevent the sticking and makes opening windows easy!

Re: Awning windows get stuck closed

Reply #2
I'd like to add that you should take the time to spray everything else that moves / seals at the same time.  Drawer slides, steps, basement door latches, engine hatch etc. If it moves it gets lubed at least once a year on my coach.

Silicone is a good choice,  be sure and use one that says its a dry film, that way it won't attract dust, which can clog or gum up the moving parts that you are trying to keep lubricated and free moving.

Re: Hehr Awning windows get stuck closed

Reply #3
Open your windows all the way and then spray some silicone on a rag and wipe the rubber seals where they contact the window.  This will prevent the sticking and makes opening windows easy!

Another great option for those gaskets is 303 Protectant ( Amazon.com: 303 (30306) Marine UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl, Plastic,... )  Its a marine UV protectant spray for vinyl, plastic, rubber, fiberglass, etc.  Plus it is a dust and dirt repellent.

Use this on the window gaskets, bay door gaskets, even your tires and it will keep them like new.

Re: Hehr Awning windows get stuck closed

Reply #4
Good call on the 303, that stuff is fantastic!