The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Generator slide / door will not extend / open (Read 4146 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator slide / door will not extend / open

For some reason my generator slide is not extending, not sure why.  I have not had to open it up since I put it in storage at the end of the last RV season (yes there is an end for some of us!) ... Any ideas of where to start?

Re: Generator slide will not extend

Reply #1
On mine,the slide for the generator is air activated.  I need to have the ignition on for the switch to work, and if you don't have enough air pressure, you may need to start the engine to build air to open it.

Reply #2
On 2015 and earlier, be sure to unlatch the generator slide prior to activating that slide extend (I *think* they removed that latch in 2016 but do check)

If you forget to unlatch first, you could do a little damage to the latch mechanism as the  pneumatic arm is quite powerful (don't ask how I know  O:) )

Reply #3
Sheepishly admits that I did not have enough air pressure, forgot that is how it worked  :-[

Re: Generator slide / door will not extend / open

Reply #4
I need to have the ignition on for the switch to work
You don't need to turn it to "ignition" unless you intend to start the engine due to lack of air pressure.  You can instead turn it to accessory (turn to the left) which allows the slide to operate without turning on all of the dash indicators, dingers and beepers.