The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: What water filters do you use (Read 5177 times) previous topic - next topic

What water filters do you use

What filters do you use / recommend in the external bay?  There seem to be quite a variety so was curious what folks use, sediment only or a more complete filter system?

I guess to be complete what do you use for the refrigerator filter?

Re: What water filters do you use

Reply #1
I just use a standard sediment filter for the outdoor 10" housing and a high quality one for the other. 

My reasoning is that the faucets that the basic filter supplies water for I generally don't drink from, you know like the toilet :P.  The water I do drink is from the refrigerator water and ice dispenser.  The sediment only filter also has a low flow restriction so you don't effect the shower etc.

Reply #2
I carry a few different ones ...

If I can just use a sediment filter that is what I'll do as its had the lowest effect on the water pressure / flow. 

But some places we have gone have to much chlorine in the water so we use a GAC (granulated activated charcoal) filter to get that smell out.  Other places we are on campground well water so to be safe we use a lower micron sized one to filter out more impurities.

One option if you find the flow rate to low is to fill your water tank with the use of a high filtration filter, and then use your water pump and tank.  Rinse and repeat as often as you need to fill your tank,

Reply #3
Go to the water filter store RV Water Filter Store its a great resource for your RV water filter needs.  They have a large selection of filters.  Some items are priced very well, but others you can find them cheaper elsewhere so as always do your research.

Here are the canister filters they carry Cartridges for Standard Canisters: RV Water Filter Store thats a bunch of them, so if you have special needs you can find whats right for you.

One option if you find the flow rate to low is to fill your water tank with the use of a high filtration filter, and then use your water pump and tank.  Rinse and repeat as often as you need to fill your tank,
I've done this as well, particularly useful with the higher filtration cartridges which maybe as low as 1/2 GPM (sometimes its better safe than sorry!)

Reply #4

A good all around performer is the Penteks FI-CFB-PB10.  Its an 0.5 micron filter with very good flow.

Excellent flow, Filters Chlorine, Taste and Odor (CTO's) removes cysts, lead, and heavy metals, and natural resistance to stagnation due to fiber material.

More details on the rv water filter store site F1Pb cartridge, 10": RV Water Filter Store

At $24 for a single filter its a bit expensive, but some searching turned up that SHURflo is owned by Pentek, so you can find the SHURflo 25568143 Filter Cartridge for less, and its the same as the FI-CFB-PB10.  I ordered this one Amazon.com: SHURflo 25568143 Replacement Filter Cartridge: Automotive and what arrived is shown in the attachment ... $15 is a bit more palatable, good for 5000 gallons as well.

Reply #5
That looks like a great one to add to my filter arsenal, nothing like a good multitasker  ;D