The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: navigation gps units (Read 3873 times) previous topic - next topic

navigation gps units

Best unit for newbies

Re: navigation gps units

Reply #1
The  Garmin RV 760LMT is, IMO, by far the best GPS unit you can have for an RV ... much better then the Rand McNally GPS unit that Entegra uses. 

The Garmin dezl (really for semi trucks) is also very good, basically the same as the above RV unit but it does not have as many campground locations built in.

The price is around $399 from Garmin so not the cheapest unit around, but it is a solid performer.  You can also watch on Ebay, a used one shows up from time to time in the mid $250 range.

Reply #2
I got a new Garmin RV770 LMT a couple of months ago.  Way easier to use than the Rand McNally in our coach.  Has RV parks in this version and you can enter your motor home size/weight for appropriate routing.  Move it to your towed vehicle and select car for normal routing. 

Reply #3
I got a new Garmin RV770 LMT a couple of months ago.  Way easier to use than the Rand McNally in our coach.  Has RV parks in this version and you can enter your motor home size/weight for appropriate routing.  Move it to your towed vehicle and select car for normal routing. 
This !  ;D

Reply #4
I also love using the Garmin vs the built in unit, it just routes and informs better for me.

I also leave the waze app running on my phone but only have the hazard alerts notification on.  That way I know what things (like debris in road, police, construction, accidents, etc are coming up).