The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: How to cook pancakes on induction cooktop? (Read 6154 times) previous topic - next topic

How to cook pancakes on induction cooktop?

The pancakes cook in the center 4" but are raw on the outer half.  The only way to have pancakes turn out like they would on a griddle is to cook one at a time in the center of the pan.  Grilled cheese sandwiches brown in the center of the pan but not on the outer half.  I have induction approved Kitchen Craft waterless cookware and I bought a 10" cast iron skillet but continue to have the same problem.  Any suggestions?

Re: How to cook pancakes on induction cooktop?

Reply #1
My solution is:
If the cooktop is working then you are already on shore power or generator.
Therefore the best solution to the problem is what I did.
Buy a 110v electric griddle of your choosing and plug it in on the countertop to griddle pancakes, bacon etc.
You also have the option, if you do not want bacon, burger, etc. odors to accumulate in the coach, of grilling the smelly stuff outside.

Good luck...The Balladeer

Reply #2
The pancakes cook in the center 4" but are raw on the outer half.  The only way to have pancakes turn out like they would on a griddle is to cook one at a time in the center of the pan.  Grilled cheese sandwiches brown in the center of the pan but not on the outer half.  I have induction approved Kitchen Craft waterless cookware and I bought a 10" cast iron skillet but continue to have the same problem.  Any suggestions?

It sounds like the cooktop isn't recognizing the pan size and is operating as if there's a small diameter pan on the hob.  If it was the cookware, things should have changed when you went from the Kitchen Craft to the cast iron.

Is this the True Induction cooktop or the newer Furrion one?

One suggestion I've seen on GardenWeb when folks have reported this sort of issue with other brands of induction cooktops is to remove power from the cooktop (unplug or circuit breaker) to try and "reset" the pan detection circuit.

Reply #3
Yes, ours is a Furrion, standard issue in the Entegra.  We haven't seen anything in the manual even suggesting it has something that will detect pan size.  We will try depowering the unit & see what happens when we get back to the coach next week. 

Reply #4
Would be nice to find more info than the manual.  The 1500 watt limit for both elements at the same time is very exasperating. And the detection circuit does not seem to be performing correctly - and the whole coach is reset each time we move.

We had less than satisfactory results making popcorn.  Fortunately have a small butane portable cook top that will provide constant heat.  Wish I did not have to rely on less than efficient induction.