The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: 2020 Emblem 2nd Black Tank Waste Valve (Read 5275 times) previous topic - next topic

2020 Emblem 2nd Black Tank Waste Valve

I recently purchased a new 2020 Emblem 36T with a bath and half.  I found the 2 gray tank handles and they work OK.  The rear bath black tank waste valve is located and working.  The middle bathroom is the question, I can't find a black tank waste valve to control it.  That black tank is currently "free flowing" to the extension line that has a light weight plastic cap on it.  Anyone know where that waste valve is located?  Or if it does not have one, how am I suppose to correctly operate that system? 

Re: 2020 Emblem 2nd Black Tank Waste Valve

Reply #1
I just bought a new 2019 Emblem and evidently both black water loactions go to one tank, with 1 valve on the left side of the caoch. There ae two gray water tanks, one with a valve on the left side by the black water tank, and one on the right side , I believe in the compartment just in front of the left rear wheel. I have only drained every tank once, again only 2 gray and one black and the monitors verified everything was empty.

Reply #2
I recently purchased a new 2020 Emblem 36T with a bath and half.  I found the 2 gray tank handles and they work OK.  The rear bath black tank waste valve is located and working.  The middle bathroom is the question, I can't find a black tank waste valve to control it.  That black tank is currently "free flowing" to the extension line that has a light weight plastic cap on it.  Anyone know where that waste valve is located?  Or if it does not have one, how am I suppose to correctly operate that system? 

My dealer told me to empty the left side black water first, then the right side gray water, the the left side gray water. Mine is a 2019 36T.

Reply #3
I have an Emblem 36H which has two gray tanks. Gray tank 2 always is empty and I have no idea how it fills. The indicators light always shows empty. I also have two gray tank handles. Does anyone know if Gray Tank 1 is connected to Gray Tank 2 and has an overflow line between the two so Tank 1 fills first and then Tank 2? I am apprehensive to let the Gray Tank 1 fill and back up so need to understand it Tank 1 over flows to Tank two.

Reply #4
To the Emblem 36H

I too purchased an Emblem 36H.  One of the reasons I purchased it, is that we create a lot of grey waste water and we needed the 90 gallons of grey capacity.  Unfortunately (or fortunately in the end) the dealer told me after I paid for the coach that the second grey tank was plumbed only for the washer/dryer... which I do not have, and as such it would not be available to me.
 - They told me attempted to find a way to connect the two tanks but after several days... gave up.

On our first trip out, I filled the first grey tank. 
 - Before doing so, I made sure all the tank valves were closed.  This included the black tank pull and the grey tank #1 pull, next to each other in the forward compartment and both the grey tank #2 and the final pull in the wet bay.

I then opened the grey pull handle in the forward bay (next to the black tank pull) and filled the drain lines to the final pull in the wet bay.

At this point instead of draining the lines into the RV dump station like normal, I opened the second grey tank valve (this is the one furthest to the back of the coach).  And found that the grey tank #1 filled (overflowed) into the Grey tank #2... I was then able to put another 40+ gallons of grey water into storage.

I do not believe the manufacturer or at least my dealer would approve of this, but for us it is a necessity.

Before doing any of the above, I would make sure you understand which pulls (valves) are for what tanks... as you do not want black water in your grey tanks and opening the wrong valve combination may lead to black water in grey tank #2.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your 36H as much as we do!

Shawn

Reply #5
I have a Entegra Emblem 36H.

I want to empty my fresh water tank.  Without draining the hot water heater and refrigerator lines....

I do NOT want to winterize or sanitize, simply to empty the fresh tank so that I do not leave water stored in it for a prolonged period of time.

Any help figuring out which of the many low point valves is the one that drains only the fresh tank?
 - crawling under the rig and following drain lines was not helpful, as the lines disappear into the rig beyond my ability to follow.

Cheers
Shawn

Reply #6
I have the Entegra Emblem 36T. After having the shower back up, and the sink in the master bath, I took it to the dealer. They were confused but finally figured it out. There are 2 grey AND 2 black water drains. The rear black water is the one on the left of the coach, it's large and easy to see.
If you look behind the whit plastic panel where the hot and cold water valves are (and I do mean bend over and look up) you will find the front black water drain valve. Look behind the same panel about in the middle of the paper towel holder and you will find the rear grey water drain valve.

So the proper sequence is:
1) Drain the front black water tank behind the hot water valve in the main water compartment
2) Drain the back black water tank in the main water compartment (the big "normal drain valve)
3) Go to the passenger side of the coach and drain the front grey water tank (it's in the first compartment in front of the passenger side rear wheel)
4) Go back to the main water compartment  (on the driver's side) and find the rear grey water tank valve up behind the plastic about centered behind the paper towel holder.

I actually had to pull the 2 hidden valve handles dow slightly to pull out under the big white piece of plastic.

I'm not sure why they were not smart enough to put labels there saying "drain valve behind here".

I hope the picture comes through, I've never posted one here before.