The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Entegra coach odyssey 26D, only have 120v when plugged or generator is running (Read 4176 times) previous topic - next topic

Entegra coach odyssey 26D, only have 120v when plugged or generator is running

Hi everyone,
  I recently get my 2021 Entegra coach odyssey 26D. while use it I found that 120v is there only if either plugged in ( shore power) or has generator running.  Without them it only has 12v. Is this normal? I heard this RV should have inverter so even not plugged, it should power 120v outlets with 12v to 120v inverter?

Re: Entegra coach odyssey 26D, only have 120v when plugged or generator is running

Reply #1
I don't believe the Odyssey level (by default, could be a special) comes with an inverter, you need the Esteem, Quest or  Accolade for a standard option.  Even if you have an inverter you may find that only some of the outlets are inverted to prevent overload.

Re: Entegra coach odyssey 26D, only have 120v when plugged or generator is running

Reply #2
I would agree with Charlie, your motorhome most likely does not have an inverter.  Inverters are put in when the fridge is a residential style (only works on 120v).
What are you trying to run, CPAP, TVs, etc.?  It can get very expensive to add an inverter system to a motorhome.  Let me know if you want more details.
2019 Odyssey 29V
DrMick

Reply #3
The Odyssey's do NOT come with Inverters.

Reply #4
My 2021 26D did not have an inverter - which is really not a big deal except for the 3 TVs in the rig - they are 120V. I installed a 1200W inverter (myself - not by a dealer) and it was quite easy and not very expensive. I installed it near the wall under the sink since the large cables to the house battery would be much shorter than installing under the bed where the distribution panel is. I ran 2 120V cables from it to the distribution panel and routed the circuit for the TVs - they are all on the same one - through the inverter. It is the type with an automatic transfer switch built in. It will automatically switch to the inverter (if it is turned on) if the 120V is lost either shore power or generator, or we can just turn it on when we want to use it. It works flawlessly and once we add solar in the future will meet any 120V needs we have - TVs, charging laptops or phones, etc.

Reply #5
I must be one of the Entegra Unicorns.  I have an Odyssey 26M which has an inverter and power management system.  This came with the coach when I purchased in 2022.  It also has two house batteries and solar.  I do not normally use the outlets without either being plugged in or on the generator.