The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Entegra gets a new GM again? (Read 6802 times) previous topic - next topic

Entegra gets a new GM again?

August 18, 2017

Ken Walters, VP of sales and product development at Jayco Motorhome Group, announced the addition of Andy Baer as GM of the luxury motorhome division Entegra Coach. A long-time industry veteran, Baer is joining Entegra Coach from Tiffin Motorhomes.
No mention of General Manager Chuck Lasley ... who assumed the GM role when Tad Jenkins departed after the Jayco sale to Thor.

Re: Entegra gets a new GM again?

Reply #1
Interesting - Andy Baer was previously with Entegra as vice president of Sales (the first time Tadd Jenkins left) before he went to Tiffin

Baer Good Fit for Tiffin; Williamson Moves on | RV Business

"Baer in 2013 accepted a position with Entegra Coach, a division of Jayco Inc., as vice president of sales. “After I was able to evaluate the organizational structure of the company, I realized the job was not a good fit for me,” he said."

I wonder what has changed.

Reply #2
Pretty strange that they replaced the GM "again" ... Chuck Lasley was only in place since January I think.    Funny that the new guy just a short while ago thought that Entegra was "not a good fit for me" ROFL ... amazing what a number on a paycheck can do to change an attitude :P

Reply #3
I  hope this is  a good move. Over the last 12 months, Entegra has gone through a lot of changes  ....

Sold to Thor and a bit of a restructure
Out with Tad Jenkins in with  Chuck Lasley as GM
Suing one of their top selling dealers NIRVC
Out with  Chuck Lasley in with Andy Baer as GM

Hope Mr. Baer learned something from his Foretravel days, he was there and involved during the time when warranty, quality and dealership models about tanked the company.  Its no secret that's why Tad came back to Entegra as they were really hurting in the quality area "pre" Tad days.

Reply #4
Seems like a lot of changes, certainly changing the GM 3 times in a year is difficult on the organization.  Hopefully this will be stable for a period of time so we can see what, if any, outward changes show.

Reply #5
And its "official" Chuck Lasley, as expected is moving on as of 9/18 .... Obviously a transition time was in place to the new GM, and that is is now complete.

Reply #6
Looks as if the housecleaning continues. I hope this is the last of it now and that it does not continue into other areas like customer service department or engineering.  Entegra is growing fast so all this could just be the result of growing at the rate they are.

Reply #7
Per RV Business, Chuck Lasley is now national sales manager at NIRVC.  Yet more former Entegra leadership going to NIRVC....

NIRVC Appoints Chuck Lasley as Sales Manager | RV Business

Reply #8
Wow ... I did not see that one coming.  The movement of those Entegra leaders to other company's does not look good, at least on the surface.  Both Chuck and Tad were Entegra leaders and helped shape and promote the brand to what it is. 

Reply #9
I don't see either the movement of Tadd or Chuck as being the end of all that is good about Entegra.  From what I am hearing from others, the quality of the product is still top notch and may even be better than it was a few years back. 

Reply #10
I agree the change is not a signal that things are changing for the "worse", it is just a change and not really that uncommon in a company / brand that is  growing. 

What makes it successful as a startup / growth phase to an established brand requires different thinking.  I think the changes can be very positive but its all in how the new folks in charge lead the teams and what their 1-5-10 years goals are.

Reply #11
Time will be the judge on this one.  Personally the law suits between NIRVC and Jayco/Entegra as well as the moving of top exec's from Entegra to NIRVC does not "feel" good to me, but I'm not even a fly on the wall to know better.