The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: I have Bugs, not me my windshield! (Read 4083 times) previous topic - next topic

I have Bugs, not me my windshield!

Aside from some warm water and car wash soap, has anyone found a good way to get the bugs off the windshield? 

I'm guilty of leaving them on for a few days, particularly while I'm in transit over a couple of days to get from point a to b.  So for me they can sit in place for a few days.  Really the entire end-cap "face" of the bus gets pretty splatted but with those seem to release a bit better, maybe its all the wax.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Re: I have Bugs, not me my windshield!

Reply #1
I've used the kit from Aircraft RV Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies  Its a waterless RV, Boat & Aircraft Cleaner/Wax, so its much more than just a bug remover for your windshield, its a coach "maintenance" system.  Part of the kit is a Bug Scrubber, its a fine mesh scrubber that works very well on getting the critters off the windshield and the side mirrors.

I am very happy with this product for coach clean up, after driving and after dust/rain. If lots of dirt is on the RV, I will wash with hose and water/mild PH neutral soap, then use this product.  Its much easier and faster then washing with de-ionized water, pressure washers,  foam cannons etc,  Its pretty much a spritz it on and wipe it off affair.

Reply #2
I have had good luck with using Rejex on the windshield, mirrors and headlights.  RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!

Once applied I can remove the bugs with just some warm water and a sponge or cheap microfiber cloth. 

Reply #3
I've used one of those bug buster sponges ... The one I have is a very fine fabric over a sponge core, bought it years ago, probably at camping world.  Works pretty well, bucket of hot water and some elbow grease but it does get them off.

The longer you leave them on the more difficult they are to remove.  If they have been on a while, do several water soak downs to re-hydrate the "remains", this helps a lot with removal as well.

I've heard some folks love using dryer sheets to remove them, I've never tried that, but I also heard they can leave a residue that really shows up on dark paint.  Maybe they are fine for a windshield and mirrors but not the dark paints or diamond shield on the Entegra IMO

Reply #4
If they have been on a while, do several water soak downs to re-hydrate the "remains", this helps a lot with removal as well.
Big 10-4 on that ! ... Sometimes I will wet down the front of the coach a couple of times just to let them soak up enough water that they are easier to remove, amazing how they bond when they have dried on.

Reply #5
A friend with an SOB (foretravel) said that the Norwich cleaning cloth is "da bomb" for removing bugs from the windshield and mirrors. 

He showed me it and at first glance it looks like a microfiber cloth, but it has nylon threads woven in, kind of like low test fishing line.  Its specifically the Kitchen Scrub Cloth.  Here is the product on the Norwich site, no way to order directly though.  Norwex USA 

I don't think I would use it on painted surfaces, but the windshield and mirror heads.  Maybe on the Diamond Shield as well ... not sure.

Reply #6

If I can find that cloth I may give it a try ... Did find it on Amazon Amazon.com: Norwex Kitchen Scrub Cloth: Home & Kitchen but it seems overpriced.

ETA: half the price on Ebay, ordered one :D
Norwex KITCHEN SCRUB CLOTH - BLUE Microfiber ~ NEW ~ FREE SHIPPING