The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Wind sensor on Girard Awnings (Read 5446 times) previous topic - next topic

Wind sensor on Girard Awnings

We are the new owners of a 2015 Anthem 42 DEQ.  We are missing a number of manuals and some I have downloaded or requested from mfg.  We do need help to determine if our Awnings are wind sensitive.  I found at the awning base that they are Nova II's.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Re: Wind sensor on Girard Awnings

Reply #1
It does not have a wind sensor in the traditional sense.  It has a motion sensor that is on the outer rail.  You can adjust that to be more or less sensitive. 

I think that motion sensor was a step in the right direction from the wind sensor / anemometer Girard used to use, but it can be a little inconsistent from time to time, but less so then the anemometer, and you do not have to worry about leaving it stuck on a tree branch LOL,

It works when the awning arm lifts or bounces as the result of wind getting under it and causing it to move.

Re: Wind sensor on Girard Awnings

Reply #2
Be sure to check out the Media section of the site, most of your coach manuals are available in the owners manual section, its a great resource.    https://www.entegracoachforum.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=10  If one is missing, be sure to mention which one so it can be added, the site admin is really good about keeping it up to date.

Here is the manual for the awning. 
NOVA DualSlope R2012 manual
NOVA DualSlope R2012 manual